Today's singing tip - 'Tis the season to be jolly and also 'tis the season to get sick. Many singers, including myself, have gotten a cold or sinus infection during this season and it has made singing very difficult, if not impossible in this time of "much singing." I have found a few helpful tips to try to avoid getting sick.
1. First, wash hands at every opportunity.
2. Avoid touching face during the day.
3. Use hand sanitizer frequently and if you
Have a sore throat, gargle with salt
Water and keep lozenges handy.
4. Take elevated doses of vitamin C and
don't sit next to anyone who is coughing,
Sneezing or blowing their nose.
5. Drink plenty of water all day long.
6. Hot drinks, such as tea with honey and lemon.
7. If you do get sick, go to the doctor and get on a Z Pack and it will help
You sing through the symptoms.
Sometimes we need something like this to get us through,
Especially if we have a solo or special performance.
If you have any other suggestions, please post them.