Okay, so we are seeing lots of music contests on television lately. I hope all you voice students are taking notes out there! There is a wealth of information being given in each show. Here is a list of factors you should be watching with each contestant:
- The confidence they are displaying.
- The talent of the singer.
- The song choice. This can make or break a singer.
- Whether the singer is singing on pitch or not.
- The energy the singer is showing.
- The movements of the singer.
- If the singer "connects" with their audience. Eye contact is everything.
- Is the singer believable?
- Are they pronouncing their words and opening their mouths? Do they have a pleasant look?
Listen closely to the judges and their critiques of each contestant. This is valuable information. Take notes because you will forget very important factors. These shows are a gold mine of information, so pay close attention to everything they have to say.