Wednesday, October 31, 2012

THE SINGING SHOWS

There are many vocal contest on television now.   I ask my voice students to try to watch these contests. If they will pay close attention to what the judges are saying, I think they can learn something. My favorite show is The Voice. The judges are more helpful and informative on that show. I question some of the judges' expertise on the other shows. For the most part, though, these shows are looking for a particular style of singing and if you don't fit their style of choice, they will not choose you. And I notice that they like the people who sing loud and high. Even if one wins one of these contests, this person still has a long road ahead of them. I am sure it helps their career but they need to keep the momentum going after the glory of the win fades. What are your thoughts about these shows and which show is your favorite?

No comments: