Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MAKE A NEW YEAR'S SINGING RESOLUTION TODAY!

Here we are into the new year and our lives are returning to our normal schedules. Maybe you have made a New Year's resolution or two. If you are a singer and especially if you are taking voice lessons, one new resolution you should make is to practice, practice, practice more! When I give my students lessons, I can definitely tell who practices and who doesn't. It will not be enough just to come to your voice lesson and sing. I can tell you that your vocal journey will be much slower if you don't practice every day. Try to devote at least 30 minutes to one hour each day to practicing--about 15 minutes for vocal exercises and the rest of the time practicing your song or songs. I usually give my students about three songs to work on and these are at different stages of development. With today's technology, it makes it easy to practice. Whether in your car or at home, iTunes karaoke songs make it very easy to work on your songs. You can bring these songs up on your cell phone in the car or your ipad or computer at home. And I give each student a practice cd that they can play in the car as well as at home. So there is really no excuse not to get your practice sessions in daily. So, start practicing and you will see a definite improvement right away!

No comments: